Lastest News (5)
User Training On Amoud University Database Management System was Held At 9.00am On Thursday, The 4th Day Of April, 2019 At Amoud University, Senate Meeting Hall, Main Campus. This system is managed from the examination portal via the link https://www.results.amouduniversity.org
Fahad Abdirahman, - IT Officer and Database Administrator, Amoud University MIS
- Abubokor Said Ali, - Dean, Faculty of Business & Public Administration, AU;
- Abdirahman Ahmed Muhumed, - Dean, Faculty of Education, AU;
- Edwin O. Okech, - Dean, Faculty of Computing & ICT, AU;
- Khalid Abdirahman Hussein, - Dean, Faculty of Computing & ICT, AU – Ag. Secretary;
- Mohamed Abdi Osman, - Dean, Faculty of Agriculture & Environment, AU;
- Harun Ismail Warsame, - Dean, Freshman Department, AU;
- Dr. Mohamed Ali Nageeye, - Dean, Faculty of Sharia & Law, AU;
- Abdirizak Mahamud Osman, - Dean, Faculty of Economics & Political Science, AU;
- Eng. Abdikarim Idiris Nour, - Dean, Faculty of Engineering, AU;
- Hodan Ali Khyare, - Associate Dean, Faculty of Economics & Political Science, AU;
- Abdirahman Hassan Jeeh, - Associate Dean, Faculty of Business & Public Administration, AU;
- Yahye Sahardid Nour, - Associate Dean, Faculty of Sharia & Law, AU;
- Mohamed Hassan Arbe – Librarian, AU Main Campus Library;
- Zuhoun Mohamed Mouse – Administrative Assistant, Faculty of Education, AU;
- Abdisalam Mohamed Osman – Associate Dean, Faculty of Education, AU;
- Abdirahman Ibrahim Egeh, - Associate Dean, Faculty of Agriculture & Environment, AU;
- Abdirashid Mohamed Yousuf, - Administrative Assistant, Freshman Department, AU;
Several Deans and Associate Deans were in the meeting where members were taken through steps of using the online students examinations management system. The system manages examination results for the students including course registration, entering of marks, automatic calculation of total marks per course, automatic grading, Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) calculation, and generation of various reports for the users.
Students at Amoud University have since 2013 when the system was developed been able to view their results online and this has helped to speed up the process of examination results release. The pride of Amoud University is that the online systems being used to serve various units of administration and academics which serve the university have all been created and developed as ideas from the university students and staff themselves.
One of the main objectives of the faculty of Computing and ICT which it has been able to achieve with much appreciation from the university fraternity has been successful design and implementation of tailor-made, locally developed software.
Earlier today, Monday, December 10th, 2018, a meeting was held at main campus Amoud University by Office of Students Affairs and Counselling Services (OSACS) where the new Student Leaders of Amoud University Students' Union who recently took office were on an acquaintance meeting with Amoud University administration. The meeting was hosted by Mr. Abdisamad Egeh Habaneh, Dean, Office of Students Affairs and Counselling Services and graced by Prof. Suleiman Ahmed Gulaid ,President, Amoud University who was accompanied by Prof. Ahmed Abdillahi Boqore, Senior Vice President for Administration and Finance together with Prof Mohamed Mohamoud Jama "Derie", Vice President for Public Relations, Community Outreach and overall in charge of Extra Curricular Activities.
The main purpose of the meeting held today was to introduce the Students Union of academic year 2018/2019 to the university administration, as this was the first time in any forum or official platform that the students representative were meeting senior university management for formal introductions. In addition to this agenda, the meeting was also meant to be used to deliberate on the activity plan for Students Union for the academic year 2018/ 2019. In total 22 students who are representatives of students from various faculties of Amoud University attended the meeting, amongst them being the newly elected 6 office holders and other members of the Students Union team. Following elections held earlier this semester by the Students' body, precisely on Thursday, November 8th, 2018 the newly elected officials of Amoud University Students Union are as follows here below:-
- Abdimalik Sh. Elmi - Chairman, Amoud University Students Union
- Mahamud Muhumed Ahmed - Deputy Chairman, Amoud University Students Union
- Najma Mohamoud Omer - Secretary, Amoud University Students Union
- Abdiaziz Muhumed Ahmed - Director, Sports, Amoud University Students Union
- Hassan Abdirahman Jama - Director, Community Action, Amoud University Students Union
- Osman Harir Barud - Director, Education, Amoud University Students Union