The Office of Students Affairs (OSA) in conjunction with the Freshman Department of Amoud University organized a students Farewell Ceremony on Thursday, June 13th, 2019 at the main campus Amoud University.
On Thursday, May 16th, 2019, a meeting was held at main campus Amoud University by Office of Students Affairs and Counselling Services (OSACS) where the Student Leaders of Amoud University Students' Union were on a special consultative meeting with Amoud Univerity administration.
Amoud University Academic Committee in the eleventh session of its weekly sittings for this semester March 2019/ July 2019, held on Monday, May 27th, 2019 discussed various issues.
On Sunday, April 14th, 2019 a Closing ceremony event of the National Service training for Girls in Somaliland which was dubbed Shaqa Garan, was held at Amoud University, main campus.
The Guests of honor were Mr. Mohamed Hussein (Mu’adinka), Director General of National Service, Somaliland; Mr. Jamal Abdi Muse, Director General, Ministry of Parliament co-ordination and Constitutional Affairs, Somaliland; Mr. Osman Osman Abdi Mohamed, Director of Somaliland Roads Authority, together with Amoud university senior management team.
The Shaqa Garan was meant to last for three months duration that started Mid January 2019 and was to run until Mid April 2019. The Participants who enrolled for the programme included 70 Graduate girls from 5 different universities located in Awdal region, including 2 former graduates of Eelo University, 1 former graduate of Horn International University, 1 former graduate of Admas University, 1 former graduate of Adna Adan University, 61 former graduates of Amoud University, and 5 students with special needs (deaf students).
These girls were trained in Civic and Ethical education which consisted of three below mentioned modules:-
- National Ethics, Discipline, Rights and Obligations.
- Good Governance Emerging Issues in the Society.
- Governmental Systems and process.
Other key points:
During the ceremony there were several key areas that were highlighted including:-
- Various Officials awarded various certificates of merit to the trainees on their achievements.
- Trainees awarded honor certificates to their lecturers including Abdisamad Egeh Habane and Mohamed Elmi.
- Director General of National Service said ”government has allocated incentives to all girls who participated in National Service training, which is scheduled to start in May 2019”.
- Prof. Suleiman Ahmed Gulaid, President, Amoud University, made two recommendations:-
- first, for the government to increase number of students taken up in this program, and
- secondly, for the government to make sure of the continuation of this kind of program, which in his view is very useful.
- The girls presented case findings, which is about HIV/AIDS Awareness and impact of drugs in the society.
The Girls National Service trainings being conducted in various centres across Somalliland including at Amoud University in Borama, University of Hargeysa in Hargeysa, Burco University and Other Universities is parallel to another National Service training for about 1000 Boys being held in Dararwayne Military Training School.