Re-Exams and Special Examinations
- Students who fail in the End-of-Semester examinations shall be required to take Re-Exams.
- Students who did not attempt the End-of-Semester examinations for justifiable reasons and with permission from the Dean of Faculty or School shall be required to take Special Exams.
- Re-exams/ Special Exams shall be conducted within the first Four (4) weeks of the new semester. For avoidance of doubt, there shall be no Re-Exam/ Special Exam paper after the fourth week of the semester.
- A student cannot sit for more than two (2) Re-Exams in one examination.
- A student can sit for any number of Special Exams in one examination as long as permission is obtained from the Dean of Faculty or School.
- Senior students in their final semester who fail shall NOT sit more than two Re-Exam (2) courses after the final End-of-Semester examinations, just before graduation.
- Sophomore students who failed some courses in Freshman Year or did not attempt some courses shall take the Re-Exam/ Special Exam of Freshman Year when it is next offered.
- The marking and processing of Re-Exams/ Special exams shall be concluded within one (1) week of the last date of Re-Exam examinations.
- As long as the Re-Exams/ Special Exam results processing is not concluded, the former grades shall remain calculated in the GPA.
- The highest grade a student can attain in a Re-Exam is grade “C”.
- The highest grade a student can attain in a Special Exam is grade “A”.
- There shall be NO RE-Exam for coursework.
- A Compensatory question is an extra question in the end of semester question paper attempted by a student who had missed Mid-Term exams. For avoidance of doubt;
- A Compensatory question is not an additional question on the examination paper.
- The Compensatory question is already included in the examination paper as an ordinary question, usually as an optional question (in Section B and Section C).
- A student who attempts more than the recommended alternative question(s) shall be answering a Compensatory question so long as the student had prior permission to do so.
- Unless a student had prior permission to answer extra question(s), answering extra question(s) shall not give the student any advantage.
Students who, for valid reasons, were not able to sit for Mid-Term examinations shall be required to attempt a Compensatory question (s) in the End-of-Semester examinations.
- There shall be no additional time for students who attempt Compensatory question(s).