- Wednesday, 08 March 2017
Prof. Ahmed Abdillahi Boqore was in Nairobi on Wednesday February 22nd, 2017 to attend a four-day meeting of members of the board of SomaliREN of which Amoud University is a member. Prof. Boqore is the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Ag. President, Amoud University in the absence of Prof. Suleiman A. Gulaid, the President of Amoud University, who has been away on a leave of absence in Turkey for a few weeks since January 2017.
The aim of the meeting which was held at nairobi safari Club, Nairobi, Kenya, was to:
- Preview the association's activities of the calendar year 2017
- Review its accounts for the calendar year 2016
- To meet with SHERNet2 project implementing party and a representative from World bank on issues regarding higher education internet connectivity.
SomaliREN currently comprises the following 14 member institutions in alphabetical order:-
- Amoud University, Borama;
- Benadir University, Mogadishu;
- East Africa University, Bosaso;
- City University, Mogadishu;
- Galkayo University, Galkayo; Gollis University, Hargeisa;
- University of Hargeisa, Hargeisa;
- Kismayo University, Kismayo;
- SIMAD University, Mogadishu;
- Nuugal University, Laasanod;
- Burao University, Togdheer;
- Mogadishu University, Mogadishu;
- Puntland State University, Garowe;
- The Heritage Institute for Policy Studies, Mogadishu.
- Most read