Vice President for Academic Affairs
There shall be a Vice-President for Academic Affairs who shall, under the overall guidance and supervision of the President, be the head of the academic division of the University responsible for development of syllabi and academic regulations, admissions, registration, examinations, postgraduate studies, research, academic staff training, and mobilization of teaching and learning resources. The Vice President for Academic Affairs shall be the Chairperson of the Senate and shall report to the President on matters relating to management of academic affairs.
Functions and Powers of Vice-President for Academic Affairs
It shall be the responsibility of the Vice-President for Academic Affairs, to:
- Chair Senate meetings;
- Advise the President on staff development policies and especially with respect to academic staff;
- Make recommendations on ways and means to raise and improve the quality of the academic programs of the University;
- Oversee the review of academic programs of the University from time to time;
- Co-ordinate the day-to-day activities of the academic units of the University and report directly to the President;
- Supervise the academic units of the University such as the Registrar’s office and Deans on day-to-day basis;
- Monitor and supervise the implementation of academic programmes in all faculties, schools, institutes and colleges of the University, and report to the
- President on the status of their functioning;
- Interpret academic policies of the Council and Senate, and communicate such interpretations to colleges, schools, faculties, institutes and departments;
- Ensure that all academic rules and regulations are observed and fully implemented especially those pertaining to, but not confined to contact hours, examinations, preparations and delivery of lectures, and attendance of members of teaching staff;
- Prepare and present to the President and the Council, annual and strategic academic plans of the University;
- Coordinate research, innovations, partnerships, linkages, collaborations, outreach services and intellectual property rights in the University;
- Carry any other task that may be assigned to him/her by the President
from time to time.
There shall be one or more Vice-presidents for the University as need arises. In addition to assisting the president in his many duties, the functions of the Vice-President shall include:
- The Vice-President shall co-ordinate the day-to-day activities of the Deans and other functional Units of the University to ensure that the University is functioning harmoniously;
- To chair the sessions of the Senate and specifically head of the Academic Programmes of the University under the overall supervisions of the president;
- To be acting president of the University in the absence of the President and any other task that the president may assign to him.
Educational History and Background of Dr. Mohamed Muse Jibril
Dr. Mohamed Muse Jibril holds a doctorate in Business Administration(Management and Organization) from Uluda University, Bursa, Turkey, which he started in 2012 and just completed this year 2018. He also Master of Arts in Development Studies from Kampala International University, Uganda, which he undertook between year 2009 and year 2011. In addition he holds a Certificate of Financial Planning and Management (ACCA Syllabus) from Fort Hare University, South Africa, which he persued between 2005 to 2007. Prior to this his Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree from Amoud University, Somaliland was achieved between 2001 to 2005. His secondary school studies was in Sh. Ali Jawhar Secondary School between 1985 to 1989 where he sat for the General Certificate Examination (GCE).
Work Experience of Dr. Mohamed Muse Jibril
Dr. Mohamed's work experience spans over 25 years. From 1993 he was employed at Somaliland Ministry of Education where he worked until the year 2000. In 1997 he started working as Chairman of Awdal Rehabilitation Association, a Local NGO until 2002. In 2004 Dr. Mohamed was employed as Deputy Headmaster in Ardale Secondary School before being promoted to position of Headmaster in the same school one year later in 2005. In the meantime he also got an opportunity to teach at Amoud University the same year 2005 as lecturer in the then Faculty of Business, Economics and Public Administration (before being split into two separate faculties namely Faculty of Business & Public Administration and Faculty of Economics & Political Science, upon growth in student numbers and need for specialization). In 2006 he worked as Awdal Regional Coordinator of Ministry of Resettlement, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction until 2010. Dr. Mohamed was promoted in 2011 to position of Dean, Faculty of Business, Economics and Public Administration Amoud University, a position held up to 2012 before enrolling for further studies and taking a sabbatical leave from the university. He pursued his studies while also holding various leadership positions at Amoud University in between the years 2015 and 2018 including position of Chief Registrar, Dean School of Postgraduate Studies & Research and finally Vice President for Academic Affairs, Amoud University. He was also appointed Chairman of Somaliland Electoral Commission for Awdal Region in 2015. Currently he holds the position of Vice President Academic Affairs Amoud University, a position in which he was appointed to as of March 1st, 2018.
Dr. Mohamed Muse Jibril
Vice President, Academic Affairs, Amoud University
Cell Phone: +252 (63) 4454027