History and Background
The faculty of computing and ICT, located at Amoud University main campus, five kilometers from Borama town center, was established on September 15th, 2009. The faculty admitted 33 students in the bachelor of information technology programme the same year and graduated 24 of the cohort in August 2012. The faculty then mounted diploma in information technology (DIT) on March 1st, 2014; bachelor of business information technology (BBI) on September 15th, 2012; bachelor of software engineering (BSE) on September 15th, 2018 and bachelor of telecommunication engineering and computer networks (BTN) on September 15th, 2019. By 2020 the faculty had graduated 650 students from various programmes, out of which 463 (71%) are males and the rest 187 (29%) are females. The current enrolment is 435: 340 (78%) males and 95 (22%) females. The faculty is well established to offer all its range of programmes. The faculty has three (3) functional and well equipped computer laboratories fitted with overhead digital projectors and personal computers. In addition, the faculty has an engineering and computational laboratory, with state-of-the-art telecommunications equipment, including transport nodes, data packet routers, voice over IP gears, and a cluster of Linux workstations for protocols development and testing, that provides extensive facilities for research in telecommunications, microelectronics, and computer science. The telecommunication laboratory has training kits for fiber optics, antennas, microwaves, among other areas. Students attend extended industrial attachment training periods to gain experience get exposed to the real equipment used various fields of specialization of computing and ICT. There is free WiFi 24/7 on campus internet connections in all computer laboratories and surrounding areas hosted by two local internet service providers, with a total of 20 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload internet speeds. The main university library has an array of information materials for further reading, and several electronic books and reference materials are also available through Amoud University Google classroom suite. The faculty has a well balanced team of highly competent local and non-local staff, trained locally and abroad. The teaching staff is readily available to help students as needs arise. Each programme is allocated sufficient time and with efficient management, the faculty ensures that students complete their courses on time. Furthermore, the faculty works in partnership with other institutions, government units and other organizations in areas of common interest including research, project facilitation, training and capacity development
Faculty Management Team
Invitation to Inaugural Address and University Development Event by the President, Amoud University
Amoud University is organizing a One Week International Faculty Development Programme on Current Trends in Research and Data Analysis
ONE HEALTH CONFERENCE FOR HORN OF AFRICA UNIVERSITIES
Read Latest News
Grant Writing Workshop
From 7 to 9 December 2022, HORN (One Health Regional Network for the Horn of Africa) project organized a workshop aimed to strengthen One Health (OH) research capacity...
Amoud University Executive Director of Center For Research and Community Services, Yusuf A. Hared Has Participated In Strengthening Operationalization o f One Health in Africa
Our Executive Director of Center For Research and Community Services, Yusuf A. Hared Has...
Amoud Secondary School alumni
On Tuesday, December 20th, 2022, Dr. Mohamed M. Jibril, President AU; Prof. Suleiman A....
School of Medicine, ACHS , Amoud University held a two-day Research bootcamp for the 5th Year medical students
The School of Medicine, Amoud College of Health Sciences (ACHS), held a two-day Research...