alongside Abdinasir Dahir Egeh, Associate Dean OSACS, Amoud University, at Main campus Senate Hall, Borama.
Accompanying the President were Prof. Mohamed Mohamoud Jama "Derie", Vice President for Public Relations, Community Outreach and overall in charge of Extra Curricular Activities, together with Dr. Mohamed Muse Jibril, Vice President for Academic Affairs.
All classes from various faculties of Amoud University, particularly those based at main campus, Amoud valley, were represented by their spokespersons who are sitting as members and officials of the Students' Union of Amoud University.
The agenda for the meeting included an appraisal of the 2018/2019 Academic semester performance, especially with keen interest on the implementation of new academic policies which are aimed at improving overall standards at the university.
Such important aspects of the policies have included:-
- Use of English language by lectures for Teaching and Learning Purposes.
- Class attendance and consistency of lectures in general through the semester.
- Issuing of Course Outlines by lecturers and coverage of course content upto this point in time.
- Competence in delivery of courses by teaching staff as seen from the student's view point.
- Level of Awareness of Structure and modalities of the forthcoming final examinations.
- Management and administration of each and every Faculty with regard to students welfare.
- Facilities required in each and every field of specialization, their availability or lack thereof, including any recommendations or suggestions for improvement.
- Any other concerns that may be raised by the students that would need special attention from the top university administration/management.