Hon. Abdillahi Abokor, Minister for Roads and Development of Somaliland visited Amoud University bridge which is nearing its completion on Thursday, December 19th, 2019.
Prof. Suleiman A. Gulaid, President of Amoud University, welcomed the minister, who was accompanied by various dignitaries from the ministry of Roads and Development from Hargeisa.
Alongside Prof. Suleiman, and at hand to welcome the Minister was Prof. Mohamed Mohamoud Jama "Derie", Vice President, Public Relations, Community Outreach and overall in carge of non curricular activities of Amoud University, who has been the main person in charge of the works at the bridge together with the Mayor of Borama City.
The bridge is almost at 80% completion and is planned for official opening at some point in time in the year 2020.
A test drive is conducted by Hon. Abdillahi Abokor, Minister for Roads and Development of Somaliland across the bridge when he visited Amoud University bridge to assess status of the project, on Thursday, December 19th, 2019.
Amoud University Academic Committee held its 13th meeting
Position: Program Officer, multiple openings
Start Date: Tentatively January 15, 2020
Locations: Borama, Zaylac
Application Deadline: December 21, 2019
Amoud University Legal Aid clinic is the centre for legal aid programs. It has dual purpose:
First, to provide free legal aid services for the poor and marginalized people who cannot afford to hire a lawyer for their cases. Secondly, to give legal practice for the law students, to acquire advocacy skills before the courts.
Amoud University Legal Aid Clinic invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the vacant positions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (MoJ, judges, prosecutors, other service providers, etc.)
• Help clients to understand and navigate plural legal systems
• Responsible for case management, case review, and case follow up
• Supervise and mentor community-based paralegals (justice promoters)
• Responsible for reporting and documentation
• Conduct field visits and monitoring of community-based paralegals (justice promoters)
• Conduct rights awareness and legal empowerment sessions
• Assist with the planning and programming of trainings and activities
• Day to day coordination with field staff for execution of activities
• Justice and legal advice and assistance as possible court representation
• University degree in law, social work, development studies, or similar field
• At least 2 years experience in legal service provision or community engagement
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience coordinating with volunteers and/or community organizations
• Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
• Experience engaging with the justice sector and/or civil society in Somaliland
• Demonstrated understanding of the rule of law in preventing and protecting vulnerable members of the community
• Knowledge and familiarity with informal justice and alternative dispute resolution mechanisms; and specialized experience in land rights, SGBV laws and IDP Rights
How to APPLY:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
|Name||Designation||Telephone Contact||Email Address|
|1.||Prof. Suleiman Ahmed Gulaid||President, Amoud University||+252 6 14144|
|2.||Prof. Ahmed Abdillahi Boqore||Senior Vice President, Administration and Finance, Amoud University||+252 63 4456036|
|3.||Prof. Mohamed Mohamoud Jama "Derie"||Vice President, Public Relations, Community Outreach and in-charge of non curricular activities, Amoud University||+252 63 4458618|
|4.||Dr. Mohamed Muse Jibril||Vice President, Academic Affairs, Amoud University||+252 63 4454027|
|5.||Dr. Said Ahmed Walhad||Principal, College of Health Sciences (ACHS), Amoud University||+252 63 4455191|
|6.||Suleiman Hassan Ali||Chief Registrar, Amoud University||+252 63 4451294|