- There shall be Vice President in charge of Administration and Finance; Vice President in charge of Academic Affairs; and Vice President in charge of Public Relations and Extracurricular Activities. Additional positions of Vice President may be created as need arises.
- As principal assistants to the President, the Vice Presidents shall supervise and coordinate activities of the functional units under them
and report directly to the President of the University.
Appointment of Vice President
- The Vice President shall be appointed by the President and approved by the Board of Trustees for a term of Four (4) years, from among the senior officers of the University, or from outside the University.
- The Vice President shall be eligible for re-appointment when his/her term expires.
- The appointment of Vice President shall take cognizance of the Constitution of the Republic of Somaliland, and Commission for Higher
Education circulars issued from time to time.
Vice-President for Administration and Finance
There shall be a Vice President for Administration and Finance who shall be the head of administration and finance division responsible for human resource management, finance and assets, and development aspects of the University.
Functions and Powers of Vice-President for Administration and Finance
The Vice President for Administration and Finance, shall:
- Be the secretary to the Board of Management;
- Under the overall guidance and supervision of the President of the University, lead Administration and Finance division and co-ordinate
activities of the division and report directly to the President;
- Under the guidance of the President, supervise and be responsible for all financial transactions and activities of the University including
revenue and expenditures;
- Be a signatory to all financial documents of the University;
Analyze, evaluate and recommend the recruitment of personnel requested by the different units of the University;
- Be responsible for, and oversee preparation of annual budgets and other financial statements by the department of Administration and
Finance, and submit the same to the President and Council;
- Advise the President on personnel matters pertaining to recruitment, appraisal and termination of services of staff of the University;
- Be responsible for rehabilitation, construction and logistics activities of the University;
- Undertake any other relevant tasks that (s)he may be assigned by the President.In addition to assisting the president in his many duties, the functions of the Vice-President shall include:
The Vice-President shall co-ordinate the day-to-day activities of the Deans and other functional Units of the University to ensure that the University is functioning harmoniously, to chair the sessions of the Senate and specifically head of the Academic Programmes of the University under the overall supervisions of the president, to be acting president of the University in the absence of the President and any other task that the president may assign to him.
Vice President’s Office(Administration & Finance)
Prof. Ahmed Abdillahi Robleh
Vice President, Administration & Finance
Cell Phone: +252(063) 4456036