Yt Sample Data (4)
Amoud University, Jaamacadda Camuud, Amoud University is a Vehicle for Peace and Development.
Amoud University Main Campus, Borama
Foundation in Engineering Lecturer
We are looking for a Civil Engineering lecturer with experience in teaching and research to join our team of civil engineers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct Tutorials, lectures and workshop sessions in order to deliver the programme set within the curriculum.
- Prepare project briefs that have clear objectives, assessment criteria, deadlines, schedules, and expected outcomes.
- Prepare teaching materials that may include visual aids, handouts, lecture notes, manuals, coursework, assignments and examination papers.
- Direct and develop a personal research programme leading to publications in Amoud University Academic Journal and other international peer-reviewed academic journals.
- Contribute to the development of the faculty and the university through the generation of research and teaching excellence.
Civil Engineering Lecturer Requirements:
- Must have a minimum Bachelor's degree (preferably Master's degree) in Civil Engineering.
- Applicants should have at least two (2) years teaching Experience.
- Fluency in English language.
- Possess sub-specialization in geo-technical engineering.
- Preference given to applicants who can start immediately.
Please send in your comprehensive resume to:
You can also contact us on:
+252 63 4503676 or
+252 63 4581177
Deadline of submission:
Please submit your application before 18/09/2020 at 11:59am EAT(East African Time)
Written Examinations will be conducted on 19/09/2020 at 10:00am at Amoud University main campus
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Amoud University Main Campus
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of the business. You will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity.
Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you’ll hire qualified Cooks and Wait Staff, set work schedules, oversee food prep in compliance with health and safety restaurant regulations. Ultimately, you will ensure the restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate daily restaurant operations and deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and search for new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
Restaurant Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor degree, Diploma, or Secondary certificate.
- Five years of proven Experience working in the restaurant industry.
- Bookkeeping knowledge.
Position: Program Officer, multiple openings
Start Date: Tentatively January 15, 2020
Locations: Borama, Zaylac
Application Deadline: December 21, 2019
Amoud University Legal Aid clinic is the centre for legal aid programs. It has dual purpose:
First, to provide free legal aid services for the poor and marginalized people who cannot afford to hire a lawyer for their cases. Secondly, to give legal practice for the law students, to acquire advocacy skills before the courts.
Amoud University Legal Aid Clinic invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the vacant positions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (MoJ, judges, prosecutors, other service providers, etc.)
• Help clients to understand and navigate plural legal systems
• Responsible for case management, case review, and case follow up
• Supervise and mentor community-based paralegals (justice promoters)
• Responsible for reporting and documentation
• Conduct field visits and monitoring of community-based paralegals (justice promoters)
• Conduct rights awareness and legal empowerment sessions
• Assist with the planning and programming of trainings and activities
• Day to day coordination with field staff for execution of activities
• Justice and legal advice and assistance as possible court representation
• University degree in law, social work, development studies, or similar field
• At least 2 years experience in legal service provision or community engagement
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience coordinating with volunteers and/or community organizations
• Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
• Experience engaging with the justice sector and/or civil society in Somaliland
• Demonstrated understanding of the rule of law in preventing and protecting vulnerable members of the community
• Knowledge and familiarity with informal justice and alternative dispute resolution mechanisms; and specialized experience in land rights, SGBV laws and IDP Rights
How to APPLY:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
|Name||Designation||Telephone Contact||Email Address|
|1.||Prof. Suleiman Ahmed Gulaid||President, Amoud University||+252 6 14144|
|2.||Prof. Ahmed Abdillahi Boqore||Senior Vice President, Administration and Finance, Amoud University||+252 63 4456036|
|3.||Prof. Mohamed Mohamoud Jama "Derie"||Vice President, Public Relations, Community Outreach and in-charge of non curricular activities, Amoud University||+252 63 4458618|
|4.||Dr. Mohamed Muse Jibril||Vice President, Academic Affairs, Amoud University||+252 63 4454027|
|5.||Dr. Said Ahmed Walhad||Principal, College of Health Sciences (ACHS), Amoud University||+252 63 4455191|
|6.||Suleiman Hassan Ali||Chief Registrar, Amoud University||+252 63 4451294|