Office of the President
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The President is the chief Executive Officer of the University, the President is appointed by the Board of Trustees for a period of four years from the senior members of the University Management or from outside the University.
He/She can be re-appointed when his/her term expires and the President is the Chairperson of the University Council and is assisted by one or two Vice-Presidents.
Functions and Powers of the President
The President shall:
- Oversee and ensure efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the University;
- Ensure that all the University rules and regulations are being observed and that all policies and decisions of the main organs of the University are implemented as planned;
- Appoint the senior officers of the University as stipulated in Article 14.2, and subject to approval by the Board of Trustees in accordance with Article 10.2 (3);
- Appoint the staff of the University subject to approval by the Council in accordance with Article 11.3 (1);
- Chair University Council meetings;
- Submit proposals, policies, reports and budgets to the Board of Trustees for review and approval;
- Be the Chief Spokesperson of the University on major policy issues;
- Represent the University in national and international forums and gatherings;
- Enter into binding agreements and contracts with other parties to be ratified by the Council;
- Provide the necessary leadership to the University community and initiate, along with the deputies, short-term and strategic plans in order to attain the objectives of the University;
- Oversee the efficient management of University human and material resources;
- Authorize the initiation of legal proceedings, defend, or compromise in the name of, and on behalf of the University;
- Be responsible to Board of Trustees for management of finances of the University;
- Have responsibilities and undertake duties as stipulated in the Constitution of the Republic of Somaliland, and as specified by the
Commission for Higher Education;
- Have such other powers and duties as may be conferred upon him/her by the Board of Trustees in line with this Constitution;
- Perform other duties as may be directed by the Minster of Education and Higher Studies, or by the Commission for Higher Education, or by the Board of Trustees.